Subject: Re: SAS 6.50 smake on Public Screen? et al
From: [email-masked] (James Cooper)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 1994 15:13:24 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.programmer

[...]

>btw, I have an alternate solution, if anyone can help me code it in
>ARexx (C I get.  C++ I'm starting to get.  MUMPS [M] I get.  ARexx
>weirds me out.  dunno why).  The idea would be to do the following:
>
>1. Do all the setup stuff currently done by build.ttx
>2. Programmatically flip the WB screen to front
>3. Do the make.  Preferably having it not ask me to "Press RETURN to
>continue..."  (any ideas on that one?  see the RTFM loop above :-)
>4. Programatically flip the Turbotext screen to front.
>
>Couldn't get it to wait for the make to complete.

address command 'smake -w'

should do the trick.  ARexx will wait for an 'address command' to
complete, since it knows its sending it out to another process.  If you
just stick

'smake -w'

in your script, ARexx will fire it off and go on with the rest of the
script.

[...]

---------------
Jim Cooper
([email-masked])                             bix: jcooper

Any opinions expressed herein are mine (Mine, all mine!  Ha, ha, ha!),
and not necessarily those of my employer.

Remember, "Euphemisms are for the differently brained."